Friday, August 27, 2010

Artist Book: Unique c-Prints by John Steck Jr.









Unique c-Prints Artist Book
by John Steck Jr.
Sixteen Pages, 7 x 8 in. Stiff Leaf Bound.
Handmade & printed on Inkjet Paper.
Made** in an edition of 16 with 2 artist proofs.
Signed & numbered.
The price will increase for this edition as each book sells.
$115 + S&H


This book consist of sixteen pages of work from my thesis project from my final year at MassArt. My goal with this work was to create a non existing landscape that could still be experienced and entered into. I wanted to make my own language through image making, creating an organic and visceral feel to the work. Having been mostly a landscape photographer this past decade, I needed to make images that still expressed my interpretation of the landscape but that also pushed the limits of photography. All this work was make in the color darkroom, using photograms, negatives, and other objects all pulled from the land.

Here are a few pages from the book.













































** Since each print ever made in this series is unique because of the darkroom process involved, I decided to print each book on demand to try and keep to that unique quality. Allow two to three weeks for purchase to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment